As a brand design firm, we’re got an outstanding track record of developing names and taglines – the kind of potent, effective brand tools that help companies, products or services that stand out amidst category clutter.
Do names and tags really matter?
It’s your most basic branding; it’s usually a prospect’s very first encounter with what you’re selling – and you need to make your name and tagline memorable, especially in today’s frenzied marketing communications melee.
“It is a pretty recognizable brand name. Originally it was “Jerry’s Guide to the World Wide Web” but we settled on ‘Yahoo.’” – Jerry Yang
How we get a handle on name & tagline development
Creating great brand names and taglines takes a great process, managed by brand design experts who have a proven history of name and tagline development. What’s our approach?
- We start with strategy. Your brand name and tagline should come straight out of your brand strategy and positioning – they’re a quick advertisement for your firm or product, resonating with your target.
- Collaborate to create. We work closely with B2B clients throughout development – workshopping concepts, testing options with employees and stakeholders, and mustering the talents of our clients as partners in the process.
- We make it excite, entice and engage. We’ll create options that deliver emotional impact and esthetic power, but are rooted in the promise of what the brand can provide to the customer, implicitly or explicitly.
- A brand name has two faces. Brand names and taglines should position you in the marketplace, but also provide a rallying point for staff and stakeholders, too. A great brand does more than identify – it motivates and inspires.
- Assure ongoing traction. Too many brand names or taglines are faddish and sound like a whim of the moment – they’re heard today, obsolete tomorrow. We focus on creating names and taglines with permanence, offering long-term Return On Design Investment™.
- We show options. Our multi-stage name and tagline exploration process will give you a host of potential directions to assess, as you and our team narrow and edit to get to the best possible choices.